Friday, May 13, 2011

Snoopy Rules

   This year was a great and final year at Idaho arts charter school. I have gained many friends and good knowledge within these 5 years at this school. As a senior, I must have a project that focuses and expresses my main art. To express this, my friend Mac and I did a musical named "You're A Good Man Charlie Brown". This show was a success in many ways.                                       
Snoopy-And-Charlie-Brown.jpg
     At first, our senior project started before our junior year ended. That's right, fully prepared and nothing to worry about. We casted each character and  gave them each a script to look over for the summer. Giving the hope that they looked at it, we started our senior year with a bang. We already, Mac and I, asked Columbia high school for really awesome props since they did show before. What we got from them was a huge coach and snoopy's big red dog house. If you didn't know, this play is based off the comic "Peanuts" from charlie brown cartoons. Mac played Charlie Brown and I played Snoopy. Two seniors playing the main parts sounds fair I think. We had our whole advanced drama participate even if they were a main role or just a fun character to fill the stage. It really was a fun show to do.         
     Some complications though made it a success. People were new to singing so Mac had to go through with them many times to get it through their head. The music could get a little complicated. But, as that sorted out, I created blocking and choreography for the show, with some acting tips. All the actors did great and we celebrated all the way through all 6 shows. It was great fun but most of all, it was inspiring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment